As promised in my previous post, Crocheting 101:The Stuff You Need to Know Before You Pick Up a Hook, this post is going to provide a roundup of links to patterns featuring the single crochet stitch (sc). You will find the chain stitch (ch) in there as well (I don’t think I’ve run across a pattern without it). Some patterns are free, some you will have to pay for. Some are very easy, others are a little more zesty.
- Catnip Pouch Cat Toy by Simply Collectible Crochet (free)
- Easy Camisole by CrochetKim.com (free)
- Simple Rainbow Bracelet by Jessie at Home (free)
- Keychain Bag by Posh Pooch Designs (free)
- Playin’ Hooky Disc by Playin’ Hooky (paid)
- Simple Single Crochet Hat by KT and the Squid (free)
- Lips Applique and Cozy/Koozie by Simply Collectible Crochet (free)
- Boricua Patriotic Infant Baby Tank Top by CrochetKim.com (free)
- Color Me Happy Kerchief by Jessie at Home (free)
- Tuxedo Baby Top and Short Set by CrochetKim.com (free)
- The Graph Beanie by Playin’ Hooky (paid)
- Bob’s! Easy Tweed Blanket by KT and the Squid (free)
- InfantJogging Suit by CrochetKim.com (free)
I hope you enjoy the links! I’ll be working on putting another stitch-themed post together really soon. Thank you for stopping by!
I have been asked to provide tips on reading patterns. This request came after I had started putting this post together. It would make sense to have a post addressing this, but I wanted to get moving with the single crochet post because I know there were some people counting on it. I will backtrack and go through some of the features you will find in a pattern. Look for this post coming soon.